To travel to the conference from outside of the country you must obtain a nonimmigrant visa. To get more information on a U.S. Visa you may go to the Visa section of the U.S. Department of State. To obtain a visa you may do so at you local U.S. Consulate office.
The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) is responsible for all the public transportation in philadelphia and surrounding areas. For detailed guidance on transportation options and Fares you may refer to the SEPTA website. Further information about Philadelphia may be found at the Visit Philadelphia site. Below are a few suggestions on how to get around philadelphia.
- Upon exiting the airplane and picking up checked luggage follow the signs toward SEPTA public transportation.
- Take the train leading to Center City Philadelphia. The platform is in the center of the tracks. Make sure the train you take is headed towards center city philadelphia, more specifically Suburban Station. The fare will be in the vicinity of $7.00 USD paid in cash on the train.
- Get off the train at Suburban Station. It will be the station after 30th Street Station.
- There are many exits from Suburban station. Whichever exit you take head towards 16th street and John F Kennedy (JFK) Boulevard.
- Walk on JFK towards 15th street. There will be a TD Bank on the corner of 15th and JFK, the famous “LOVE” sculpture, and Philadelphia City Hall.
- Continue walking on JFK past City Hall and the Hotel will be visible directly in front.
- SEPTA operates two different underground trains, the Broad Street Line (Orange Line) and the Market-Frankford Line (Blue Line). For this trip you will be taking the Broad Street Line.
- Walk to City Hall Station. You may also walk to the SEPTA blue line station on the intersection of Market and 15th streets. Enter to the Market-Frankford Line platform and then follow the signs to the Broad Street line (the orange signs).
- Take the local Broad Street Line train North towards Fern Rock Transportation Center. It is important to take the local train. There are two sides on each platform, one is Local the other is Express.
- Exit the train at Cecil B Moore Station. You will now be at The Temple University Main Campus.
- Walk to the intersection of Broad and Arch Streets.
- Take bus 16 Northbound towards Cheltenham – Ogontz
- Exit the bus at Cecil B Moore Avenue.